Sunday 19 May 2013

It’s Serena Williams vs . Victoria Azarenka for Rome title.

The battle to your Internazionali BNL d'Italia 2013 women's singles title takes place on Sunday, May 19th and WTA's smartest stars will gun for the prestigious trophy – top-ranked Serena Williams in addition to number three Victoria Azarenka.

Both players booked their put in place the final with comfy semifinal wins. Williams ended the fairytale run of Romanian qualifier Simona Halep 6-3, 6-0 whereas Azarenka overpowered Roland Garros 2012 finalist Sara Errani 6-0, 7-5.

Williams has now won 23 matches inside of a row, a career-best. She's compiled 21 winning streaks twice up to now. What's remarkable is that the top-ranked American is at this moment 32-1 on clay since the start of last year's claycourt time of year. Her only loss came from the French Open first round a year ago to Virginie Razzano.

"I don't know merely feel better on clay the year 2010 or last year, " Williams talked about. "I felt great a year ago and I feel great this coming year too. I love playing on clay and have done very well into it, even at Roland Garros. "

Subsequently, Azarenka said that nevertheless she handed a bagel to be able to Errani, a claycourt doctor, the match was nonetheless a challenging one.

"I know the score looks easy inside the first set, but it's not easy to play, " Azarenka said. "And inside second set I was very pleased with the way I enjoyed but I didn't carry all my chances. I lost focus and Sara is a superb fighter and started to help you play hard and use her shots, so I had to evolve my game some more. I think I could have done more in the 2nd set but she's an ideal player and I'm willing to win.

"Over the last couple of years clay is the most challenging surface for me, but I'm feeling ever more comfortable on it and this also week is proof. I'm finding my game with this surface right now. "

Williams has a massive 11-2 head to head series lead against Azarenka nevertheless they've only played against the other person once on clay, modern day year's Madrid Open with Williams prevailing. Their most recent meeting was at the Doha final earlier the year of 2010 where Azarenka won.

"She experienced well in Doha, " Williams said. "I had opportunities I wasn't capable to use and Vika played well inside important points. It was a tough tournament, though, and I was happy to be in the final. "

inch ); (function() var nn = document.createElement('script'); nn.type = 'text/javascript'; nn.src = 'http://synad2.nuffnang.com.ph/lr.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(nn, s.nextSibling); )();

More Info: The future of the best Courtois, in the hands of Mourinho

No comments:

Post a Comment