Wednesday 22 May 2013

Emma Hicks Tends to make Her Mark in The two MWFL and the WWCFL.

Having competed with the Maritime Women's Football League and also the Western Women's Canadian Sports League, linebacker Emma Hicks has proved herself to be an exceptional football player. The opportunity to take part in both leagues makes Hicks the first to achieve the historic feat.

Currently competing along with the Regina Riot of that WWCFL, Hicks also spent time while using the Capital Area Lady Gladiators in the MWFL. The experience of competing within the Maritime league with the lady Gladiators marked her primary full season.

"I had a thrilling time playing with the Lady Gladiators numbers. That was my first full season of football and I appreciated the coaching i received, while also playing with and against some excellent women. I had a whole lot of support from the motorcoaches and players, of that i am very thankful. "

Hicks added, "I truly believe they made me a better athlete; having the possibility to train with particular runners and learn under experienced coaches, and these relationships continue to mean something off that field. "

While your WWCFL enters its 3rd season, the MWFL has existed for any decade. The subtle differences amongst the leagues provide Hicks using a unique perspective on the game.

"The Maritime league provides some different dynamics, where it's been around for a lot longer (celebrating its 10th season this year) and the teams are closer, and it was really interesting to be a part of. As far as I know, I'm the only one who has played in either leagues. "

A indigenous of New Brunswick, Hicks first played for any Regina Riot in ones own inaugural season. While she's alternated between the WWCFL and also the MWFL, the close-knit feeling which encompasses the culture for the Regina Riot is one that is not lost on her.

"The Regina Huge range is my home team. I'm from New Brunswick, but I started your football career (if this is what it's called) throughout their rookie season inside 2011. I left Regina for school early during that season, only playing two league games while using team. "

"I've kept in touch with them; have been deemed a 'Sask girl' by way of both my Regina company and my New Brunswick team (despite only living these for 5 months before). Since then I've always wanted an extra chance and play with him or her again. "

With the province of Saskatchewan showing an extraordinary enthusiasm for football at all skill levels, ages along with genders, Hicks understands the impact playing in your community has in shaping her career.

"I love that mentality, knowledge, and experience that are here, where football is much more now a part of that culture than in New Brunswick at this time. I had a few conversations while using the Riot defensive coaches in preseason the year 2010 where we started so that you can talk more seriously about me ever coming back. I decided to require this opportunity while I have the time, to revisit my home team, learn under some great coaches, and continue to set as a player. "

"My brother lives here too so it's great every single child see him again, plus its also an opportunity to explore some positions in another area of the country, as a effectiveness and conditioning coach. "

Among the list of highlights in her providing career includes being named with the Canadian National Team. The Canadian contingent are going to be looking to claim the gold medal within the 2013 Women's Tackle Sports Championships. With the possibility represent her country, the knowledge is one of wonderful excitement.

"It really is an honor to be named with the national team, being allowed to represent my country on the international stage. It's still a bit unreal to me; My partner and i never imagined playing at this level. "

While Hicks holds nascent to football, she has a natural ability to master the sport. As an athlete that has been dedicated to training and success, the years of labor are yielding pleasant yet good success on the gridiron.

"I've been playing sports literally all my life, always worked hard and loved to practice, but I've never been that highly trained. I'm pretty new to be able to football, but it generally seems to suit me well. I've got learned a lot for the sport over these prior couple years, with the assistance of some great coaches in addition to teammates. "

"I'm really excited as a way to take my game to a higher level with this chance, playing alongside the best athletes in the united states, learning more from the coaches that are an integral part of this program, and competing against the best on earth with Canada behind you and me. "

During the 2013 WWCFL months, Hicks was part connected with an historic moment with your Regina Riot. With the rival Saskatoon Valkyries having never lost a in franchise history, Hicks and additionally her Riot teammates person them their first ever loss. Having been component of some lopsided defeats within the early history of this Riot, defeating the Valkyries but not only brought redemption, but produced confidence.

"This first win was huge for people like us. It was a ton about believing in that which we can accomplish and coming together as a team. I was using the Riot early within their first season when we lost 56-6 and 42-2 inside our first games against them. I moved shortly next and have since been pursuing the league with a confident eye. "

"I've known where Saskatoon has stood within the league these past 2 years, and to come back and be part of this win against them was huge. I think it's good for the league too, anything might happen. Seeing where the Riot has come since our first season is absolutely exciting, and I think it's a particular example of how this league and women's programs will begin to develop. "

With a possibility through win against Saskatoon, the Riot are hoping that your epilogue to their season ends in championship glory. With Regina internet site the 2013 WWCFL tournament, it is a strong motivational factor with the franchise. In asking what it may need to win the WWCFL champion in 2013, Hicks replied,

"It comes back to your premise behind the acquire against Saskatoon - many hard work and we have to believe in what we are able to accomplish as a group. Football is a power team sport; that's one of the highest quality things about it. "

"I think we're really starting to come together on both offence and defense; we should keep making strides within this direction, staying focused and continuing into the future together over all of those other season. It's not going to be easy in any respect, there is a great number of great competition out generally there, but we have some fantastic coaches set who put a lot of time and effort into our team which are getting us ready with regard to what we'll face with other season. "

No comments:

Post a Comment