Saturday 20 April 2013

Child Tabbed By Web As Boston Race Blast Suspect Is Just A Senior School Runner, And Heas A Little Flipped Out At This Time

Sulahaddin Barhoum was in the crowd on Boylston Street viewing the Boston Marathon went the bombs went off, and was, thankfully, unhurt. When friends began calling him, telling the 17-year-old that his picture was all around the Internet but he suffered another kind of upheaval two days later. As an suspect in the bombings. Um a what? Oh, you simply got Richard Jewelled! aI was scared, I've never been in trouble and I feared for my security,a Barhoum told the London Daily Mail. The lad wasnat kidding: in reality heas a top school student who has, in fact, never been in any serious trouble. Heas on his schoolas track staff, and was there together with his working instructor to look at the Marathon. But Barhoum made two mistakes: being brown-skinned (heas from Morocco, having moved to the U.S. Along with his parents four years back), and wearing a backpack. This made him a person of interest to many Internet sleuths, who picked him from countless race-day photos and circled him as an suspect. The pictures produced like crazy. (One is below. Itas blurred, fan different types aren't). Needless to say, those werenat his mistakes at all. But such is the nature of viral Internet justice. aAt 1.30am I called a pal to just take me to the state police a' I walked into the lobby and told them I thought I was required by the FBI,a Barhoum said. aThey didnat understand what to make of it. aI had my papers with me and I gave my social security number to them so I could be checked by them out. They didnat also get me right into a private room. They made some calls, then said I was absolve to go. I was there about 25 minutes but I was really scared. I still am a' my image is all over the internet and I worry that somebody, a crazy person, may come after me and my family.a Barhoum has two younger sisters and a brother, explained the Daily Mail, and is frightened for their protection. He has the right to be. CNN and Fox News fully filing on Wednesday that the adark-skinneda suspect have been caught (buzzer a false), so thereas no telling what kind of vigilante violence might break out of heas acknowledged. Oh wait, yes there is. My advice: donat go close to the Bronx Applebeeas for awhile if you appear even vaguely Middle Eastern. Seem Internet types, can we only cool? If you've something you might think is evidence, just give it to the authorities. Quit worrying innocent kiddies. Yes, weare looking at you, Reddit. Photos: Daily Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment