Saturday 23 February 2013

Iker healing from injury wants with winning a title this season

Iker Casillas says his recovery from the broken bone in his hand is certainly going better than expected and he could possibly be right back between your Real Madrid articles the moment late March.

Casillas' finger was broken by a random end from his team-mate Alvaro Arbeloa throughout Madrid's Copa del Rey quarter-final game at the Mestalla on January 23.

It had been feared he would face 90 days on the sidelines, and the team moved quickly to sign Diego Lopez for 3.5 million from Sevilla to play in their likely season-defining games against Barcelona in the Copa and Manchester United in the Champions League.

The Madrid club captain told reporters on Thursday evening, at the opening of a new club store at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, that the initial schedule had only been a worst-case scenario.

"I am feeling really positive," Casillas said. "The doctor gave me the worst-case scenario, he said 90 days it might get. But when the splint was removed yesterday, I was told I had four weeks left. Now I'm doing active exercises to obtain freedom and energy in the finger."

Casillas said he had been spending so much time at Madrid's Valdebebas training service to get straight back playing the moment possible.

"Until now I have perhaps not had much energy in it, but I'm receiving it back little by little," he said. "We are in the halfway point of the injury. I've still got per month to go. I will need to work more and experience more to get right back the mobility of before. I am looking forward to returning. It's worse being off the pitch than on it."

The event was also joined by Casillas' team-mates including Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso, Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria, Jose Callejon, Nacho and Kaka, while coach Jose Mourinho was missing.

Alonso told reporters that he didn't know yet whether he would get over his groin problem over time for next Tuesday's Copa semi-final second leg at Barcelona's Camp Nou.

"I am in the healing stage," the midfielder said. "I am trying to get better the moment possible, to get rid of the discomfort and reunite in top form. When I'll get ready a lot of people ask. I desire to be able to play against Barca, but I do not have a solution right now."

Former Liverpool player Alonso stated that, with the tie balanced at 1-1, whoever obtained first in the Champions League last 16 reunite game at Manchester United on March 5 would be favourites to progress.

"They can have the help of these fans," he said. "It is going to be a concern. The side that results first will be favourites. Old Trafford is a great ground and it is the type of match all of us want to play. The tie is quite open."

Di Maria said that it could suit Madrid to be playing overseas in both of the forthcoming, possibly season-defining, activities.

"Things are getting well and develop to carry on this way," he said. "We know that we have to have huge matches in both competitions and that it'll maybe not be easy. Perhaps playing away is going to be in our favour since we do well when things are against us. We have had this week to work with the easiest way to approach the games. I hope everything goes well."

Benzema, who remains question for Saturday evening's La Liga sport at Deportivo La Coruna, said he was not worried about his recent bad form facing target.

"I hope than I've so far that I score more goals, however the important thing is the squad and to win the future matches," he explained. "We need to come together to win. We have a great group and we are all in good form."

No comments:

Post a Comment